Thursday, June 26, 2014

Shiraito Falls

Shiraito Falls, Japan
Noro Shiraito
It's not too much of a stretch to see where Eisaku Noro got his inspiration for his yarn, Shiraito.  This yarn has to get The Most Underestimated Yarn of the Year award.  It has sat on our shelves for months now, pretty much ignored by most of us, especially me.  "Eh, it's ok, feels kinda nice", I thought, "but I'd rather buy x, y or z".  Well, it's clear I have no vision when it comes to yarn.  Marie (sure-I-can-knit-a-sample-in-an-hour) Woodford knit this cowl from one skein and holy cow, as I live and breath, I never expected it would knit up into such a pretty and soft fabric with a beautiful subtle bloom.  I guess the fact that it's mostly cashmere and angora totally escaped me.  Needless to say I added this to my stash.  We have it in two colorways, both of which are suddenly flying out of the shop, thanks to Marie's cowl.    

No comments:

Post a Comment