Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Am I the only one...

...who never uses the strap conveniently attached to the camera?  Apparently.  I took a visual survey this week since I'm presently in a camera-laden location, New Orleans.  Every strap, be it neck or wrist, was in use.  Every one.  Well, my bad habit caught up with me last week.  The camera went flying out of my hand while shooting Nancy's and my sweaters, lens open and everything.  Not good.  I've spent a good amount of time trying to cajole the lens to its pre-cockeyed state but that's just not going to happen so it'll be off to the repair shop.  That's not my biggest regret for not using the strap though.  The picture I was shooting?  It showed our sweaters with mine One, 1, Uno! row further along.  Aaarrrgh.  It was a fleeting moment anyway as Nancy zoomed ahead to finish, block and add buttons.  It's cuter than all get-out and on display with the Madelinetosh yarns.  Mine's about where it was when I took that never-to-be-seen photo.  When I get back to town I'll take the final photos (with my phone, no doubt).
Broken Len
I did cast-on the Leydon Fingerless Mitts.  I love the elongated oval pattern.  The yarn has such a nice hand.  I can tell these will be lightweight yet warm; perfect for the fall.
Leydon using Green Mountain Spinnery Elegance
AND, I've started the Child's Balaklava, an absolute favorite of ours around the shop.  The ribbing lets it stretch so well that it can fit your child for years of winters.  We'll be holding a class this fall.
Child's Balaklava

Photos courtesy of my phone.  They're not too bad, right?    --Ann

 

No comments:

Post a Comment